初中英语实用口语汇总_you
初中英语实用口语汇总
1. greeting strangers 问候陌生人
【实战一】
a: hi, there. my name’s paul brown. i’m from the united states.
(你好。我叫保罗·布朗。我来自美国。)
b: nice to meet you, paul. my name’s kelly cook. you can call me kelly. i’m from canada.
(很高兴认识你, 保罗。我叫凯利·库克。你可以叫我凯利 。我来自加拿大。)
a: nice to meet you, too, kelly. canada is a beautiful country!
(认识你我也很高兴, 凯利。加拿大是一个美丽的国家。)
【评论】
千万不要小看上面这段简短的对话,不同的流利程度和不同的信心,说出来的感觉是完全不一样的!就连美国本国人在和陌生人见面、求职面试或演讲之前都要反复操练!
【使用背景】
在酒吧,在沙滩,在聚会上结识新朋友,都可以使用上面的对话。如果去掉“there”,就可以用在比较正规的场合。
初次问候常用短句
(1)hi, there. 你好。
【note】this is a very casual and common way to greet someone. however, guys use this greeting to girls much more frequently than girls use it to guys. it is a little bit flirtatious because it sounds as though someone has just caught your eye for attention. but if you want to get a guy’s attention, i highly recommend this greeting!
这是非常随意且十分常见的问候他人的方式。然而小伙子用这句话来问候姑娘远多于姑娘问候小伙子。因为这句话听起来好似某个人吸引了你的眼光,引起你的注意,所以有点调情的味道。但是如果你想吸引一个小伙子的注意力,我强烈推荐你使用这个问候语。
(2)nice to meet you. 很高兴认识你。
还可以说:i’m glad/pleased to meet you. 或nice meeting you.
通常回答:nice to meet you, too. (正式)
或same here. 我也是。(非正式)
【实战二】
a: i don’t think we’ve met before. my name’s sam.
(我们大概没见过吧。我叫山姆)
b: no, i don’t think so either. nice to meet you. i’m ann.
(我想我们没见过。很高兴认识你。我叫安。)
【实战三】
a: hello! are you a friend of bill’s?
(你好!你是比尔的朋友吗?)
b: yes. my name’s sally. and you are…
(是的。我叫莎利,你是……)
a: i’m his roommate, david. i’ve heard so much about you from bill.
(我是他的室友,大卫。我经常听比尔提起你。)
【实战四】
a: excuse me, but aren’t you the president of the united states?
(对不起,你一定是美国总统吧?)
b: as a matter of fact i am.
(是啊,我正是。)
【实战五】
a: hi, beautiful day, isn’t it?
(嗨,天气很好,不是吗?)
b: it sure is.
(的确如此。)
【note】 this is probably the most common greeting among strangers. don’t let an opportunity to speak english pass you by because you don’t know what to say in response to this common greeting!
这句话可能是陌生人之间最常用的问候语。千万不要因为不知道怎样回答这个普通的问候语而错失和外国朋友说英语的良机。
【小故事】
由于我们以前的中学课本上关于问候的用语只有 “how are you?”“fine, thank you, and you?”“i’m fine, too.”这个死板、老套、过时的范例,不少中国的英语学习者将这个对话背得滚瓜烂熟之后,以为就可以顺利地与外国朋友开始谈话,结果难免发生一些笑话。有一个中国学生在车站看到有一个外国朋友,心想这是一个难得的机会可以卖弄一下自己的英语,于是在心里反复操练“how are you?”“fine, thank you, and you?”“i’m fine, too.”之后,做了个深呼吸,向外国朋友走去。“beautiful day, isn’t?”外国朋友先下“口”为强。这下坏了,这个学生一下子傻了,他怎么不是问“how are you?”呢,他应该问“ how are you?”才对啊,于是就在那里傻呆呆地不知如何回答了。殊不知谈论天气是一种常见的问候方式,特别是在陌生人之间。学习了这本书之后,你绝对不会再闹出这种低级笑话。无论外国朋友用哪种方式向你问好,你都可以应付自如了。
初次问候常用句型
(1)my name’s…
我叫……(名字)。
(2)i’m from…
我来自……(国家/城市)。
(3)are you a friend of…?
你是……的朋友吧?
(4)excuse me, but aren’t you…?
对不起,你一定是……吧?
(5)i’ve heard so much about you from…
我经常听……提到你。
初次问候套话
(1)i don’t think we’ve met before.
我们大概没见过吧。〖初次见面常用套话〗
【老师的话】
我可是十年前就学过“i don’t think we’ve ever met before.”,但令人遗憾的是,以前见到外国人,我最多只能冒出非常尴尬的一个单词“hi”或是“hello”;直到最近,我才有勇气用这个句子。原因很简单!第一,这个句子是现在完成时,相对比较难,我没有信心在遇到外国朋友那紧张的时刻还能脱口而出!第二,中国人的传统向来是比较含蓄和“慢热”,根本不习惯和陌生人交往!但是一旦下定决心将这个句子操练一百篇、一千篇,直到脱口而出,其实也不过只是一句常用的问候语罢了,并没有想象中那么难,你同样可以自由地运用。
(2)i’ve heard so much about you.
我经常听到很多有关你的事 。
【note】even if this isn’t exactly true, it will make the person you meet feel very special. everyone likes to think they are well known, or popular. just be careful, in case the person quickly asks you what you’ve heard. you can always respond with a safe, but vague answer. for example:
就算这句话不太真实,也会让别人感觉很特别。每个人都喜欢认为自己很出名或是很受欢迎。但是要小心,以防对方冷不丁地问你听到的是什么。你依然可以用一个安全而又含糊的回答来应付。比如:
a: i’ve heard so much about you.
(我经常听到很多有关你的事。)
b: really? what have you heard?
(真的吗?你听说了什么?)
a: oh, a lot of good things.
(哦,很多好事。)
(3)hi, beautiful day, isn’t it?
嗨,天气很好,不是吗?
【culture note】
it is common to comment on the we
ather as a means of greeting people, for example, ‘beautiful day, isn’t it?’ but it is rare to simply make a plain deive statement, such as ‘it’s raining today, isn’t it?’ it is much more normal to add some kind of opinion or evaluation and say, for example, ‘it’s raining incredibly hard today, isn’t it?’
把评论天气作为问候他人的方式是十分普遍的,例如“beautiful day, isn’t it?”。但是人们一般不会只简单地做出平白无味的描述,例如“it’s raining today, isn’t it?”。而是通常加上一些观点或评价,例如“it’s raining incredibly hard today, isn’t it?”。
【超级挑战一】
a: i hope you don’t mind my asking, but haven’t we met somewhere before?
(希望你别在意,我问一下,我们是否在哪里见过?)
b: oh, we attended english camp together three months ago.
(噢,三个月前,我们一起参加了英语集训营。)
a: oh.right! that’s it. how is everything with you?
(哦,对了,就是。你一切都好吗?)
【超级挑战二】
a: hi, great party, isn’t it?
(嗨,舞会不错,是吧?)
b: yeah. we’re having a great time. how about your friends?
(是啊,我们玩得很开心。你的朋友玩得怎么样?)
a: oh, they are having fun, too.
(噢,他们也玩得很开心。)
【财富大统计】
(1)i hope you don’t mind my asking, but haven’t we met somewhere before?
希望你别在意,我问一下,我们是否在哪里见过?
【note】this is a polite and clever way to meet someone! if you think a person looks interesting, you can try this sentence to break the ice and strike up a conversation.
这是一种礼貌而又聪明的问候方式!如果你觉得某个人看上去很能引起你的兴趣,你可以试着用这句话来打破沉默,展开谈话。
(2)how is everything with you?
你一切都好吗?
(3)we’re having a great time/having fun.
我们玩得很开心。
【额外成就感】
(1)as a matter of fact 事实上
* i was just going to call you, as a matter of fact, i just dialed your number.
(我正准备打电话给你,事实上,我刚才还在拨你的号码。)
* as a matter of fact, i do study english at beijing university.
(事实上,我的确是在北京大学学习英语。)
* as a matter of fact, everything in the store is fifty percent off today.
(事实上,今天店里的东西全部五折。)
* as a matter of fact, we welcome foreign investment.
(事实上,我们欢迎外商投资。)
(2)break the ice 打破沉默;打开话题
* don’t be shy. just go over and say hello to her. she is probably just waiting for you to break the ice.
(别害羞,走过去和她打个招呼。可能她正等着你打破僵局呢。)
* i hate going to parties. i never know how to break the ice and start conversations with people.
(我讨厌参加聚会。我从来就不善于打破沉默与别人展开谈话。)
【note】 this is a very important phrase and skill in american life. every time you go to a meeting or a conference in america you will need this ability.
这是一个非常重要的短语,也是美国社会生活中非常重要的技能。在美国无论是参加会议或是会谈,你都需要这个技能。
学习指南
这个部分值得学习一个星期
各位学习英语的朋友,上面这些简简单单的对话竟然包含了这么多“学问”!这100个功能的第一个功能就值得学习、模仿和操练一个星期,因为现代社会,和陌生人交往的能力是极其重要的!这个能力将帮助你迅速地建立广阔的人际关系网。说不定,你未来的另一半就是这样认识的!
请大家记住:看懂是一回事,听懂是一回事,背下来是一回事,脱口而出又是一回事,能自如地、恰到好处地运用则是最高境界!
千万不要走马观花,这本书是我们查阅了大量的资料,请教了很多美国专家编写出来的。一定要一个词一个词、一句话一句话地消化掉!要知道:学了不一定会说!说了不一定会用!会用不一定能自然脱口而出!要想达到母语的境界,必须用“一、三、五”方法操练一千遍!
小测验 (汉译英)
请大家看着中文,立刻脱口而出英文,这样你就算是掌握了!如果连这一关都过不了,就请不要往下学了!现在就开始吧!
1.很高兴认识你。
2.对不起,你是玛丽的朋友吗?
3.我想我们没见过面吧。
4.你一定是比尔·盖茨吧?
5.希望你别在意,我问一下,我们是否在哪里见过?
请记录:你口译的时间为______秒。
2. greeting friends 问候朋友
【实战一】
a: good morning, jack. how are you doing?
(早上好,杰克。你还好吗?)
b: i’m doing great, and you?
(好得很,你呢?)
a: i’m fine, thanks.
(我也很好,谢谢。)
【最地道的问候语】
how are you doing? 你过得好吗?
【讲解】主要是询问对方是否安康、幸福或过得好。
最常用的回答:i’m doing great. 我好得很。
i’m not feeling well today. 我今天不太舒服。
【note】this is a classic english sentence! only native speakers and english learners know this greeting!
这是一个典型的英语句子!只有母语是英语的人和英语学员会使用这种问候!
【老师的提醒】我专门在美国的超市、餐厅、酒吧“偷听”,果然发现,美国人最常用的问候语就是“how are you doing?”
【实战二】
a: hi, jim. how’s everything?
(嗨,吉姆。一切还好吗?)
b: not bad. how about you?
(还好。你呢?)
a: so-so, thanks.
(马马虎虎,谢谢。)
【实战三】
a: hi, how are you getting along?
(嗨,你过得好吗?)
b: pretty good, thank you. and you?
(很好,谢谢,你呢?)
a: just fine.
(我也很好。)
【常用的朋友间非正式问候语】
(1)what’s up?
近来有什么事?
(2)what’s going on?
一切怎么样?
(3)hey, man.
嗨,兄弟。
(4)yo, dude.
嗨,老兄。
3. greeting after a long time 久别重逢
【实战一】
a: hi, tom, long time no see. how have you been?
(嗨,汤姆,好久不见。近来还好吗?)
b: just fine, thanks. how about you?
(很好,谢谢。你呢?)
a: the same as ever.
(老样子。)
【额外成就感】
the same as ever. 老样子。/和以前一样。
【note】 this is a good, short and authentic way to tell someone you’re doing just fine. you can impress people by blurting out such an american response.
这是告诉别人你过得很好的一种适当、简洁、地道的方式。你可以脱口而出这个极具美国味的回答,给别人留下深刻的印象。
【实战二】
a: hello, nancy. nice to see you again. it’s been a long time.
(你好,南希。很高兴又见到你。好久没见了。)
b: it sure has, sam. i haven’t seen you in ages!
(就是啊,山姆,好久没见到你了。)
a: you haven’t changed at all – as pretty as ever!
(你根本没怎么变,还是和以前一样漂亮!)
b: oh, thank you for saying so.
(噢,谢谢你这么说。)
【实战三】
a: hi, stranger! where have you been hiding?
(嗨,久违了!你藏到哪里去了?)
b: i was in america for 2 months. i just got back yesterday.
(我在美国呆了两个月,昨天刚刚回来。)
a: well, it’s good to see you again.
(真高兴又见到你。)
b: same here.
(我也是。)
【久别重逢常用语】
(1)long time no see.
好久不见。 〖中国人倍感亲切的句子。〗
【note】i know that there are some books in china that discourage the use of this greeting. they claim it is too “chinglish” and it is chinese in origin, not american or british. i completely disagree! i have heard people use this greeting my whole life all over the united states. so, i consider it one of china’s great contributions to international communication. use it and be proud of your english and your chinese culture at the same time!
据我所知,中国的一些英文学习书籍劝诫大家不要使用这个问候语。书上说这句话是“中国式英语”,它起源于中国,而不是美国或英国。对此我完全反对!我从小到大在美国各个角落都听到人们使用这句问候语。因此我认为这是中国对国际语言交流的一个重大贡献。使用这句问候语吧!为你的流利英语而骄傲!为你的中国文化而骄傲!
(2)how have you been?
你近来怎么样?
(3)nice to see you again.
很高兴又见到你。
(4)it’s been a long time.
好久不见了。
典型回应:it sure has. (的确是。)
(5)i haven’t seen you in ages/for a long time.
好久没见到你了。
(6)where have you been hiding?
你藏到哪里去了?/你这阵子去哪里了?
4. greeting family 问候家人
【note】 this function is particularly useful when you want to show your friendship to someone. everyone appreciates a person who takes the time and consideration to ask about his family.
当你想向别人表示你的友好时,这个功能特别有用。因为每个人都对那些时刻关心问候他家人的人心存感激。
【实战一】
a: hello, james. how’s the family?
(你好啊,占姆士。家人都好吗?)
b: everyone’s fine, thank you. how about yours?
(大家都很好,谢谢。你的家人呢?)
a: they’re great, too. thanks for asking.
(他们也很好,谢谢你的问候。)
【实战二】
a: hi, ellen. how are the kids doing?
(嗨,艾伦。孩子们还好吧?)
b: they’re pretty good, thanks.
(孩子们很好,谢谢。)
【实战三】
a: how’s your mother doing? i heard she had a heart attack.
(你母亲怎么样了?我听说她心脏病发了。)
b: she is much better now. thanks for asking.
(她现在好多了。谢谢关心。)
5. business greeting 问候事业
【实战一】
a: how’s your work going?
(工作进行得怎么样?)
b: just great, thanks for asking.
(很顺利,谢谢。)
【实战二】
a: hi, chris. how’s business?
(嗨,克利斯。最近生意如何啊?)
b: great! business is booming. how is your business going?
(好得很!生意很红火。你呢?)
a: not bad.
(还过得去。)
【实战三】
a: how are things in the electronic business?
(电子业最近如何?)
b: couldn’t be better. i just signed a big contract. i made a lot of money.
(棒极了。我刚签了一笔大合同,赚了不少。)
a: congratulations! good for you.
(恭喜你!干得好。)
欢迎转载和分享,关注【www.cztongxue.com】【中学生学习 微信公众号】与你一起成长!!返回搜狐,查看更多
责任编辑: