提高英语听力的有效策略及原则 How to improve listening skills(如何快速提高英语听力水平)

提高英语听力的有效策略及原则 How to improve listening skills(如何快速提高英语听力水平)


视频加载中…
are you afraid of going into a conversation and not understanding the person in front of you?
你害怕听不懂别人说话吗?
are you frustrated because you feel like you know english, you use english on a daily basis, yet youre still having a hard time understanding people on tv, and movies, and even in real life?
你是否感到很沮丧,因为你觉得你懂英语,你每天都在使用英语,但你仍然很难理解电视上、电影里甚至现实生活中的交流?
are you confused because sometimes you can understand people, and sometimes you cant tell why that is?
你是否感到困惑,因为不能总是理解别人说的话,你不知道为什么会这样?
so, if this is the case, i want you to know that what youre experiencing is really, really natural.
我想告诉你,这种经历很常见。
and there is nothing wrong with you or your english.
你和你的英语都没有问题。
because when you speak a second language, sometimes when listening to speakers, what happens is that we have this idea of how the language should sound.
因为对于非母语人士的我们来说,在听别人说话的时候,会有这种语言应该怎么发音的想法。
and that is not always aligned with how people actually use the language.
这并不总是与人们实际使用语言的方式一致。
because, first, we learn english through reading and writing for the most part.
因为,首先,我们主要是通过阅读和写作来学习英语的。
and we might have a different perception as to how the language is used or spoken.
我们可能会对语言的使用或口语有不同的看法。
and sometimes thats not how it is in real life.
有时候,现实生活中并不是这样的。
or sometimes were just exposed to one accent, standard american or received pronunciation.
或者有时我们只接触一种口音——标准的美国口音或公认的发音。
and there are so many different accents and dialects of english.
英语有很多不同的口音和方言。
and when we hear something that is different than what were used to, then our brain is having a hard time processing the sounds, and processing the words, and processing the language.
当我们听到一些与我们习惯的不同的东西时,我们的大脑就会很难处理这些声音、单词和这种语言。
so, i want you to know that the problem is not with your english, and not with your ears, your hearing is perfectly fine.
我想让你们知道,问题不是出在你的英语上,也不是出在你的耳朵上,你的听力完全没问题。
its how you practice your listening skills.
问题是你练习听力技巧的方法。
because listening is a skill that you need to develop.
因为倾听是一种你需要培养的技能。
just like developing your speaking skills, and developing your grammar and vocabulary, and all of that good stuff, when it comes to using a second language.
这就像提高你的口语技能、语法和词汇量一样。
so, in this video, im going to give you some tips and strategies to help you improve your listening skills and listening comprehension.
所以,在这个视频中,我将给你一些技巧和策略来帮助你提高听力技能和听力理解能力。
so youll never have to be afraid of not understanding other people.
这样你就再也不用害怕用英语交谈了,也再也不用担心听不懂别人的话了。
are you ready?
准备好了吗?
lets get started.
让我们开始吧!
by the way, if youre new to my channel, then hello and welcome.
顺便说一下,如果你是初次来到我的频道,非常欢迎。
my name is hadar.
我是 hadar。
im a non-native speaker of english.
我的母语不是英语。
and im here to help you speak english with clarity, confidence, and freedom.
我在这里帮助你清晰、自信和自由地说英语。
you can connect with me on instagram at hadar. accentsway, or go to my website to get a lot of free lessons and resources to help you get to where you want to be.
你可以在 instagram 上的 hadar. accentsway 联系我,或者去我的网站获得很多免费的课程和资源,帮助你达到你想要达到的目标。
before we begin talking about the tips and strategies to improve your listening skills, i want to talk about why we face this challenge understanding native speakers, or other people using english.
在我们开始谈论提高听力技能的技巧和策略之前,我想谈谈为什么我们会面临理解母语人士或其他人使用英语的挑战。
and that is because what we hear is not necessarily what is said.
这是因为我们听到的不一定是所说的。
let me rephrase that.
让我换个说法。
its what we perceive that is not necessarily what is said.
并不是我们听到的不一定是所说的,而是我们感知到的不一定是所说的。
because when someone speaks your ear detects everything, but the brain doesnt process everything that ear detects.
因为当有人说话时,你的耳朵会察觉到一切,但大脑不会处理耳朵察觉到的一切。
so sometimes the brain may not process or not perceive some of the sounds used.
所以,有时大脑可能无法处理或感知一些声音。
maybe if words are reduced or emphasized in a way that is not natural to you or not in a way that is not used in your native language, your brain may filter it out even.
也许如果单词以一种对你来说不自然的方式减少或强调,或者不是以一种不是在你的母语中使用的方式,你的大脑甚至可能会过滤掉它。
and then you wont be perceiving or processing the things that are said.
然后你就不会感知或处理所说的事情。
so, what we actually want to improve is to improve our perception.
所以,我们真正想要改善的是改善我们的感知能力。
and not necessarily our hearing.
不一定是我们的听力。
okay?
好吗?
so that is something important to recognize.
认识到这一点很重要。
and also, not to trust your ears because we want to listen closely and to make sure that were not missing out on anything, when we really listen to english.
还有,一定要仔细倾听,确保我们没有漏掉任何信息。
and the exercises that im going to share with you today are going to be around active listening.
今天我要和你们分享的练习是关于积极倾听的。
so, itre listening to me right now, or usually listening to english.
这是一种不同的倾听方式,而不仅仅是你现在听我讲的这种被动的倾听方式,或者通常听英语的方式。
so, the first thing i think that can help your listening skills is actually practice your pronunciation.
我认为能帮助你提高听力的第一件事就是练习你的发音。
become aware of all the sounds of english and practice those sounds.
注意英语的所有发音,并练习这些发音。
because when you practice sounds inside your mouth, cause thats how we practice sounds, your brain starts recognizing that this is a sound that exists in english.
因为当你发音时,你的大脑会开始意识到这是英语中存在的一个声音。
and your brain is going to be more aware of the sound when you hear them.
当你听到这些声音时,你的大脑会更清楚地意识到这些声音。
let me give you an example.
我来举个例子。
in english, there is a difference between the vowel pair, right?
在英语中,“sheep”和“ship”元音对是有区别的,对吧?
and if you dont have that distinction in your native language, then your brain might merge these two sounds into one sound that does exist in your language.
如果你的母语中没有这种区别,那么你的大脑可能会把这两个声音合并成你语言中存在的一个声音。
so you might be hearing those two sounds, and you might think that these two sounds are the same sound.
所以你可能听到了这两个音,你可能认为这两个音是同一个音。
but when you start practicing these two sounds, then your brain starts recognizing that these are two different sounds, and then youll start hearing those two sounds more and more as you listen to english.
但是当你开始练习这两个发音时,你的大脑就会开始意识到这是两个不同的发音,然后在你听英语的时候,你就会越来越多地听到这两个发音。
and then youll start noticing those nuances.
然后你会开始注意到这些细微差别。
this is why practicing sounds is really, really important.
这就是为什么练习发音真的非常非常重要。
and im going to link to all the lessons about the sounds of english that i have on my channel, so you can practice with my videos, and improve your listening skills by improving your pronunciation.
我会把我的频道上所有关于英语发音的课程链接起来,这样你就可以看我的视频练习,通过提高发音来提高听力技巧。
another thing that i want you to do is to practice the intonation, rhythm, and stress of the language.
我想让你们做的另一件事是练习语言的语调、节奏和重音。
so again, its about practicing pronunciation to improve your listening skills.
所以,这些都是通过练习发音来提高你的听力技能。
this is why i love teaching pronunciation.
这就是我喜欢教发音的原因。
because its not just about sounding clear, it really is about understanding people better.
不仅仅是为了发音清楚,而是为了更好地理解别人。
especially when it comes to reductions.
特别是当涉及到弱读的时候。
reductions happen when there are certain words in the sentence or the language, that are less important than other words.
当句子或语言中有某些单词不如其他单词重要时,就会发生略读。
words like: on, in, at, for, is, am, are — all of these words, that are called function words, are usually reduced to a very neutral vowel sound.
像“on”、“in”、“at”、“for”、“is”、“am”、“are”这样被称为虚词的单词,通常都被略读成一个非常中性的元音。
the vowel in those words is reduced, so .
这些单词中的元音要略读,所以“on”可以读成“uhn”。
.
“in”可以发成“uhn”。
so, its practically the same sound.
这实际上是相同的声音。
your brain hears the same sound — .
你的大脑听到同样的声音——“uhn”代表两个不同的单词:“on”和“in”。
now, you are expecting to hear s confusing.
现在,你期待听到的是“on”或“in”,而你听到的是“uhn”,难怪会让人困惑。
ill give you another example.
我再举一个例子。
.
略读后,听起来像“whadaya”。
.
“whadaya”。
now heres the thing.
事情是这样的。
.
略读后,听起来像“whadaya”。
exactly the same.
和略读后听起来一样。
so you.
这句话听起来就像一个词一样。
in the middle of a conversation, maybe even a fast conversation, your brain is probably looking for a word that sounds something like .
在一段对话中,甚至是一段快速的对话中,你的大脑可能会寻找一个听起来像“whadaya”的单词。
or even if you.
即使你知道这种略读的概念,你也很难判断它是“what do you”还是“what are you”。
and then it takes a little longer to understand everything.
然后要花更长的时间来理解一切。
so, practicing reductions on your own will really help you understand it better, when its used by other speakers.
所以,自己练习略读真的能帮助你更好地理解它。
and let me tell you this, its used all the time when people speak in english.
让我告诉你,人们说英语时总会喜欢略读。
those reductions, those reductions of less important words.
他们会略读那些不太重要的单词。
and then different words might sound the same.
所以,不同的单词听起来可能是一样的。
and then it takes a little longer to understand it.
然后你要花更长的时间来理解这句话。
so when you practice it on your own, you become more aware of it.
所以,当你自己练习时,你会更清楚地意识到它。
yous much easier to understand.
如果你学会了略读,那一切就变得容易多了。
also, what it does is that it helps you — and that leads me to the next tip, which is, it leads us to understand that some words are more important than others.
而且,它的作用是帮助你——这就引出了我的下一个建议,那就是明白有些词比其他词更重要。
so you actually want to look for clues when other people speak, to words that really matter, to important words.
当别人说话的时候,你实际上想要寻找线索,寻找那些重要的词。
so, words that matter, words that lead the conversation – these are usually content words.
重要的词就是那些引导对话的词——这些通常是实义词
not only that theyre usually longer, right?
它们不仅没有被略读,而且音更重、音调更高、更长,对吧?
so we want to look for those clues when people speak.
我们想在人们说话时寻找这些重要的词。
just like i did now: so, every time you recognize that there is a rise in pitch, right, or words are said in a slower manner, look for those words, try to hear those words, and to recognize and to analyze those words.
就像我现在做的:“我们想在人们说话时寻找那些线索。”所以,每次你意识到音调有上升,或者单词是用较慢的方式说的时候,找到这些单词,试着去听这些单词,并识别和分析这些单词。
and even if you can even if you hear those key words, your brain will be able to piece everything out together.
即使你听不清那句话或那句话里的每一个单词;但如果你听到了那些关键词,你的大脑也能把所有内容拼凑起来。
okay?
好吗?
so, practicing reductions will also help you understand how to listen to people, and to look for those signals, and to look for those clues when people go higher in pitch, when people prolong words.
所以,练习略读也会帮助你理解如何听别人说话,以及如何寻找那些信号,以及当人们提高音调时,当人们延长单词时,如何寻找那些线索。
also, look for physical cues.
同时也要注意身体上的暗示。
look at the facial expressions.
看看他的面部表情。
people are usually more open when they stress an important part.
当人们强调一个重要的部分时,他们通常会更激动。
maybe people use their hands.
也许人们会做一些手势。
i always use my hands when i emphasize something important.
当我强调重要的事情时,我总是用手。
so you want to look for the intonation cues, the musical cues, but you also want to look for the physical cues when people speak.
所以你要寻找语调线索时,你也要寻找人们说话时的肢体线索。
and trust that you will be able to understand everything, even though you dont hear every single word.
相信你能听懂所有的内容,即使你听不清每一个单词。
which leads me to the next point, dont try to analyze or understand or perceive every single word when people speak.
这就引出了我的下一点,当人们说话时,不要试图分析、理解或感知每一个单词。
look for the important parts.
寻找重要的部分。
just like when we read, right?
就像我们读书一样,对吧?
think about how you read in your native language, and even in english.
想想你是如何用母语、甚至是英语阅读的。
you dont read every single word, you skim through the page, your eyes kinda like go over the words and you see the big words, the content words, the words that lead the message.
你不会阅读每一个单词,你会浏览页面,你的眼睛有点像浏览单词,你会看到大词,实义词,引导信息的单词。
and you kinda like photograph those words with your eyes, and then you process everything in your brain right after.
这有点像用眼睛拍下这些单词,然后立刻在大脑中处理所有内容。
same thing with listening.
倾听也是一样。
listen to the keywords and then try to process everything in your brain.
听关键词,然后试着在大脑中处理所有内容。
because of reductions, because we might miss out a few words, we want to make sure that were not trying to analyze every single thing that is said to us.
因为在大家说话时可能会漏掉一些单词,所以我们要确保不是试图分析对他们说的每一件事。
now, i want to give you some practical practice exercises to help you improve your listening skills.
现在,我想给你们一些实际的练习来帮助你们提高听力技巧。
so first, what i want you to do is to start watching content without captions and subtitles.
首先,我想让你们开始看没有字幕的影片。
its harder.
尽管它会更难,但它会教你如何倾听,或者积极地倾听。
but harder is good because it actually stimulates real life.
但更努力是件好事,因为它刺激了现实生活。
and, you know, were practicing english to be able to succeed in real life.
而且,我们练习英语是为了在现实生活中能更好的说英语。
and in real life, unfortunately, there are a no captions.
但在现实生活中并没有字幕。
so you want to watch content without subtitles as much as possible.
所以你想要尽可能多地观看不带字幕的内容。
when you hear a part that is not clear, try before you go into, you know, the captions or the transcript, try listening to it again and again and again, and guess what it is that youre hearing.
当你听到一个不清楚的部分,在看字幕或文字记录之前,试着一遍又一遍地听,试着猜猜你听到的是什么。
theres a lot of room for guessing here, right, and for intuition.
有很多猜测的空间,对吧,你还可以靠直觉。
and itre most likely to be right?
而且这是有语境的,所以你很可能猜对。
you just need to trust the fact that even if its not 100% accurate, you need to get the gist of it, right?
你只需要相信这样一个事实,即使它不是 100% 准确,你也需要了解它的要点。
so, you want to teach yourself how to listen to something again, and again, and again.
所以,你想教自己如何一遍又一遍地听一些东西。
you want to be very, very particular about what it is that youre hearing.
你要非常注意你所听到的内容。
but you also want to teach yourself to get the idea and run with it, and continue with it without understanding every single thing.
但你也想教会自己去理解想法,并继续下去,而不需要理解每一件事。
right?
对吧?
so, back to the practice, watching something without subtitles.
回到练习,看一些没有字幕的东西。
and then listening to a part that is unclear again and again and again until you get it right, or you get most of it right.
然后一遍又一遍地听不清楚的部分,直到你听对了,或者大部分都听对了。
another great exercise is to transcribe a text.
另一个很好的练习是抄写一篇文章。
so, you take a minute-long audio, and you play it.
选取一分钟长的音频,然后播放。
you listen to it a couple of times, and then you start writing out everything that youre hearing.
在听了几遍后开始写下你听到的所有内容。
so you want to write every single word that youre hearing.
所以你要写下你听到的每一个字。
and the parts that are not clear, you just leave empty or you guess the word.
对于不清楚的部分,你可以留空或者猜单词。
and then i want you to look at the transcript.
然后我想让你看一下字幕。
this is why using youglish or ted talks is really great, where you have the transcript built-in.
这就是为什么使用 youglish 或 ted 演讲非常棒,因为它们都有字幕
you want to look at the transcript and see what you got wrong.
你要看一下字幕,看看你错在哪里。
and try to guess why you got it wrong.
试着猜猜为什么你错了。
what confused you there?
是什么让你困惑?
was it a specific sound?
是特定的声音吗?
was it a reduction, maybe a phrase with a few words that were reduced completely, so you kind of like missed it?
是略读吗,也许是一个只有几个单词的短语被完全略读了,所以你好像错过了它?
maybe it was a phrase, a combination of a few reduced words that completely went over your head, and you couldnt understand it or hear it.
也许它是一个短语,是几个缩略词的组合,你完全听不懂它,也听不懂它。
right?
对吗?
and then, you know what your pitfalls are, you know what confuses you.
然后,思考到底是哪点让你如此困惑。
right?
对吗?
so this is a really great way for you to understand your weaknesses when it comes to listening.
所以这是一个很好的方法,让你了解自己在倾听方面的弱点。
and i would recommend doing it even every day, just listening to a minute-long audio and transcribing the text.
我建议每天都这样做——只听一分钟的音频,然后抄写字幕。
i also highly recommend opening yourself up to different voices and different accents, and different people, and different situations, different circumstances.
我还强烈建议你向不同的声音、不同的口音、不同的人、不同的情况、不同的环境敞开心扉。
dont just listen to teachers on youtube that have sort of the same accent.
不要只听 youtube 上那些口音相似的老师讲课。
you want to open yourself up to people with foreign accents.
你也要向有外国口音的人敞开心扉。
you want to open yourself up to people with different dialects.
你要向不同方言的人敞开心扉。
because the more you hear accents, the more you become aware of the different… of the variety of sounds.
因为你听到的口音越多,你就越能意识到声音的多样性。
and then you start understanding the substitutions.
然后你开始理解替换。
so you can do this exercise, of you transcribing the text with different dialects, right?
所以你们可以做这个练习,用不同的方言抄写文字幕,对吧?
and even though it might be hard at the beginning, its going to pay off big time.
尽管一开始可能很难,但它会带来巨大的回报。
because youll be able to open yourself up and to understand more and more sounds, and more people.
因为你可以敞开心扉去理解更多的声音,更多的人。
and heres a tip.
这里有个小窍门。
when you hear someone and you feel this resistance, and you, that is the person you need to work with and try to understand even more.
当你听到某人说话时,你会感到抗拒,你会说,“不,我不能理解那个人”,但你需要和他一起工作,所以试着多接触他。
because again, the more you listen to someone, the easier it becomes for you to understand them.
因为你听别人说得越多,你就越容易理解他们。
right?
对吧?
and when there is a challenge, you have to face it, so you can overcome it and then its going to be easier for you to hear and to understand even other people.
当遇到挑战时,你必须面对它,这样你才能克服它,然后你就会更容易听到和理解其他人。
right?
对吧?
when you really face something that is challenging for you.
当你真正面对挑战的时候。
okay?
好吗?
so when you feel resistance towards how someone sounds, that should be an internal clue and cue for you to keep going and actually do it despite the resistance.
所以,当你对别人的发音感到抗拒时,你要克服这种阻力,努力的去倾听。
because it just shows you that there is something that needs to be resolved there.
这种抗拒被告诉你有些事情需要解决。
and actually, thatre trying to avoid something.
事实上,任何事情都是如此,当你说到英语时,当你试图避免一些事情时。
thats probably the one thing that you need to tackle and to overcome the most.
这可能是你最需要解决和克服的一件事。
with some exceptions.
除了一些例外。
okay, not always.
好吧,不总是这样。
thats not always the case.
但情况并非总是如此。
another tip is that if you like reading books, i recommend reading it with the audio version.
另一个建议是,如果你喜欢读书,我建议你读有声书。
because the brain processes both the written word, but also how its pronounced.
因为大脑不仅处理书面文字,还处理它的发音和发音方式。
and its really good to connect the two things together.
把这两件事联系起来真的很好。
because these are not two different languages, its the same language.
因为这不是两种不同的语言,而是同一种语言。
and sometimes it feels like its two different languages or two different places in our brain.
有时感觉就像是两种不同的语言,或者是我们大脑中两个不同的地方。
and we want to do it together because it really does help us not only with our listening skills, but definitely with our pronunciation, how we think and see those words.
同时听和看,不仅有助于我们的听力技巧,而且绝对有助于我们的发音,我们如何思考和看待这些单词。
and the last tip i have for you, and thatre practicing your listening skills, do it with something that makes you enjoy doing it, that is fun for you, that you love.
我给你们的最后一个建议,也适用于其他与英语相关的技巧,当你练习听力的时候,做一些对你来说有趣、让你喜欢的事情。
and not something that is boring, or tedious, or uninteresting.
而不是无聊、乏味或无趣的事情。
okay?
好吗?
so, thats it.
这就是今天的内容啦!
thank you all so much for watching.
非常感谢大家的收看。
have a beautiful day, and ill see you next week in the next video.
祝大家今天愉快,我们下周下个视频见。
bye.
拜拜

acad2018